This is Me!

This is Me! The good, the bad, and the bald. You get it all! But I have hair now. This spring I'll be rockin the pixie.

Friday, July 2, 2010

Keepin Busy...


Payton woke up Wednesday and was missing Tristan from the moment she got out of bed. She said "mom, I miss him so much sometimes I want to cry. When I see him Sunday I am going to give him a huge hug and tell him how much I missed him." I think this was the hardest day yet for her. We spent time outside in the yard and the garden enjoying the fresh air. The kids played on the swingset forever. Several times throughout the day she came up to my side and would say something like "I am missing him again. I think I want to cry." I would squeeze her tightly and assure her that it was okay to cry. Wednesday evening is homegroup. We all looked forward to Wednesday nights in our house and tonight for her it was a very welcome distraction. As usual the food was amazing. It left Payton feeling inspired to set the date and time for her important cooking lesson. You see, several months back, the missions team had an auction to raise funds for the Mexico trip. Payton's first and only choice of items to bid on was a cooking lesson with Luc Button. If you know Luc, or see his facebook photos, you know this is a valuable lesson. I encouraged her to get out some of my cookbooks and find some recipes that had interesting looking pictures and then to write them down and we could talk to Luc about them.

Well, the next morning, she did just that. She was up before any of us looking through cookbooks in search of the perfect menu for her lesson. She looked and looked, and looked and looked. She took notes and wrote her ideas down. In the end, I am not sure if she got any closer to the actual menu but she sure picked out some yummy looking desserts.

While she was occupied with her books and notes... Gavin and I tackled he and Tristan's bedroom. This was a task not for the faint of heart. I went in armed with several dust rags, Lysol wipes, garbage bags, vacuum cleaner (and extra bags), safety goggles, and nose clip. We did not safely exit the cave until 5 1/2 hours later. NO JOKE! However, it now looks and smells clean and very non-cavelike. Gavin enjoyed spending what was left of his day hanging out on his clean floor with his legos. He even spent some extra time rearranging their many lights. While the process isn't fun, the product is sure enjoyable. Wow, do you hear a life lesson in there or is it just me?





After leaving the land of the lost, Payton eagerly approached me to help her cook one of the recipes she had found. It was brownies from scratch. That is not a request I was about to turn down. She made them completely by herself. All I did was tell her where to find the ingredients she needed.
We all got to enjoy a late night brownie cup while playing a little Mexican Train in honor of our missing guy. What a great way to end the day.







No comments:

Post a Comment