This is Me!

This is Me! The good, the bad, and the bald. You get it all! But I have hair now. This spring I'll be rockin the pixie.

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Breakfast Burritos

Do you ever find yourself with a few things in your fridge that need to be used and like me, you don't want to waste anything? I discovered that I had an abundance of eggs, a package of tortillas that needed to be used, one bottle of salsa almost gone, and little baggies of odds and ends. What to do with all of this I pondered. Then it came to me. Not my own creation of course, but a first for the Mikkelson family. Breakfast Burritos. With Tristan's newly discovered enjoyment of Mexican food and some fairly creative eaters as my guinea pigs, I began. I was actually fairly confident that this would go over well so I documented it for those of you who like to get creative and want to see the step by step.

I started out by browning 1 pkg of Jimmy Deans breakfast sausage. Next, I shredded 1 c. Monteray Jack cheese, and then
scrambled a dozen eggs.


The key to really good scrambled eggs is to add water instead of milk and to use seasoned salt for added flavor.

























Set the oven to about 170 degrees.



Start out by warming up the tortilla's in the oven. Add your cheese, sausage, eggs, and then any additional ingredients you want. Pour some salsa down the middle, wrap it up and enjoy!


Another great thing you can do with the breakfast burritos is freeze em. Make all your burritos and put them on a cookie sheet. Freeze for 30 mins. then remove. Wrap the burritos individually in wax paper and put them in a gallon freezer bag. Make sure to label your bag with the date and contents. To reheat - Bring your oven up to 350. Put the unwrapped burritos on a cookie sheet and warm for 10 - 15 minutes.


ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment