This is Me!

This is Me! The good, the bad, and the bald. You get it all! But I have hair now. This spring I'll be rockin the pixie.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Look At Em Grow!




I have to say my little experiment is working better than I anticipated. I realize it is pretty sad that my own expectations were low, just letting you know, that while I was hopeful, I did have some doubts. Most of these seeds had an expected germination time of 10 to 14 days. These pictures were taken at exactly 1 week. As you can clearly see, several different plants have sprung forth into life. The main seeds that I saw open this last week were the tomatoes, the tomatillos, the pansies and the poppies. But there are starts in the peppers both orange and yellow, the peppercini's, the oregano, basil, and lobelia. Still to come are the red and green peppers and the garden huckleberry. I am even more hopeful now that I see how well they are taking to their little window box haven.
I planted a few of the melons, pumpkins, and gourds that require a longer growing season to really produce in quantities. They are off and running as well. The only one of these not started are the sugar baby watermelons. We are watching these anxiously. It would be great to get a few sugar babies in the summer.
With the way the temperatures dipped down this week, I am glad I tried the trays inside. And while it is still freezing outside, the bright sun is doing wonders for all these baby plants, just like it is doing wonders for my sun depleted soul. I think I need to go find myself a little garden atrium to soak up these incredible rays.
We'll see what next week brings. I have a feeling by the end of the week, I will be needing to transplant some starts. Tomatoes and maybe tomatillos for sure. Just think "guys" tomatillo sauce coming out our ears this next summer. I got all the fixings on their way. I'll throw some onion in there and we'll be set.
Depending on the success rate of all these little guys, I will probably have plants available to buy like I did last year.
Have a good week! Enjoy the sun, and get growing!

No comments:

Post a Comment