This is Me!

This is Me! The good, the bad, and the bald. You get it all! But I have hair now. This spring I'll be rockin the pixie.

Monday, February 7, 2011

I Lift My Eyes Up....

I have been feeling a little bit stuck in the pit this last month. Work this time of year is demanding and yet the pockets remain empty. The skies are still dark and dreary and not with snow. The garden is still muddy, mossy, and empty. My eyes are heavy with tears that won't fall, my heart is laden with burdens I can't share and hope feels distant. I'm tired, but not sleeping, surrounded by people yet feeling alone, busy but getting nothing done. Ever had one of those days or weeks? Have you found yourself sitting on the couch, with your second cup of coffee wondering what's next? Good news is, your not alone. The even better news is "This too shall pass."

I was wandering around the yard today, looking at all the work to be done to get these grounds ready for a proper spring entrance. I noticed a lot of last falls splendor laying in mud and leaves. I saw weeds that had survived and seemed to be getting a fresh dose of life from this bleak and bleary weather. But, I also saw new life. Small shoots of spring bulbs are beginning to make their way up. The garlic has found it's way up and out as well. The strawberries have found friends, and even the rose bushes and the fruit trees are beginning to whisper of hope.


"I lift my eyes up, unto the mountains, where does my help come from? My help comes from you, the maker of heaven, creator of the earth.

Oh how I need you Lord, you are my only hope, you are my only prayer.

So I will wait for you, to come and rescue me, to come and give me life."

I love the lyrics from the song "I Lift My Eyes Up" by Kutless. He is our only hope and our only prayer. Meditate on Him today. Spend some time in His word asking him to restore your hope. He will cause he is good all the time.

Prayer Requests:

Mark is coming down from his amazing trip to Haiti and is still on the hunt for the elusive job. We know God is sovereign and this knowledge helps, but the waiting can still be difficult. We ask that you reveal yourself in this growing time. Thank you that we don't walk this road alone. He has had a couple of interviews this week that have gone well, but I don't think he feels like this is the right move for him or for our family. So we will stay pressed in and keep our ears open for his leading.



Cari - Her sister sent in a prayer request for a friend in need. Another 30 year old man recently diagnosed with stage IV brain cancer. He has had some treatment in West Palm Beach which is being discontinued. The family is moving him up to Boston, MA for some more drastic treatments. Let's join again in asking God to really show up in this young man's life. Speak to his pain Lord, comfort and strengthen the friends and family who are rallying around him. Be Lord of all things in his life.



Theresa and Roy - They continue on in this season of waiting on the Lord. We continue to ask for a buyer for their house. They are really stuck there until something moves. In the midst of this uncertain time, you have brought rich blessings to this family. Lord, we ask that you continue to show your favor and bring that one person they need.



A newborn baby has been sick lately with severe enough colds to be hospitalized. The family has also been sick which isn't helping the baby get well. Lord we pray for protection for this little one. We ask you to put a hedge of protection around this little life and allow him to get healthier and stronger.


I have had some of my goofy symptoms pop up here and there over the last few weeks. I recognize that some of them are from stress and anxiety. It has not taken over completely. It does leave me feeling like I have little left to offer my own family. Lord would you reveal yourself as Yahweh Rophe, the Lord who heals, and not just body, but mind and soul as well.

Praises:

I was reading through Stephanies posts earlier this week. Wow! She sounds so much better. She is getting stronger. Slowly but steadily. God has brought her from the valley into a place of new life. Enjoying simple pleasures is the delight of her heart. Being able to care for her children, pursue physical strength, worship with enthusiasm and life, and just enjoy living again are the blessings she is being showered with. She still walks in the power of the Holy Spirit and has a testimony to share with so many around her of God's faithfulness during the darkest of days.

Our amazing HomeGroup grew and grew to the point of needing to plant a new one. And plant we did. Our new group met last week with new faces and we had a wonderful time of fellowship. The other "new" group meets tonight. I pray God would bless their time as well. and that He would bless both groups as they continue to pursue your truth.


Hear my cry, O God:

listen to my prayer.

From the ends of the earth I call to you,

I call as my heart grows faint:

lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe.

Psalm 61:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment