This is Me!

This is Me! The good, the bad, and the bald. You get it all! But I have hair now. This spring I'll be rockin the pixie.

Friday, June 11, 2010

Who Am I?

I am a woman desiring to hear the call of God on my life in red italics letter days and plain black small print days. I am a wife learning to seek the leadership and direction of my husband and to trust in his decisions and encourage him through prayer. I am a helpmate who desires to help but is not always sure how or when. I am a mom filled with pride watching my boys grow into young men who love Jesus and are tender hearted enough to still be teachable. I am a momma to my girls who still make me sigh with joy when they jump into my arms and bury their heads in my neck for a hug and sign I L Y. To which I reply I L Y 2. I am a teacher who tries to impart first truth then knowledge and wisdom, discernment and problem solving into my 4 children. I am a sister to many who love the Lord and to some by God's family design for me. I am a sister who rejoices in a spirit filled healing and anticipates with prayer and thanksgiving a new life. I am a sister who loves, cries over, encourages, and prays for her siblings. I am a friend who desires depth of relation and truth, laughter and tears, and healing and growth together. I am a confident encourager in the Word and warrior to the fallen. I am a trustworthy, dependable, mathmatically inclined keeper of the monies of the church who finds joy in the excellence of the job. I am also at times an over committed, tired woman, who feels stretched too thin trying to accomplish unrealistic things for impure motives, attempting to control my days instead of surrendering them. I'm a little girl climbing back up onto her father's lap to find rest, unconditional love, restored hope, renewed energy, redeemed mind and the narrow path that leads to righteousness. I am a daughter of the risen King who chooses More Than Just Surviving Life... I choose victory.

4 comments:

  1. Get ready to get hooked, my friend. I am so happy to be able to keep up to date with you here! You are an incredible sister. I am so happy for the many hats you wear. You wear them well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like what you have said here :) Is blogging new for you? I haven't seen you on here before :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I am new to blogging. I join hesitantly. I love to write, be silly and make people laugh, as well as encourage them, but..... I am not sure what the hesitation is completely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved reading this. Any profound thought that graces my brain seems to get lost on the way to my pencil. I wanted to say, Yeah! what she said!

    ReplyDelete