This is Me!

This is Me! The good, the bad, and the bald. You get it all! But I have hair now. This spring I'll be rockin the pixie.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Pollo Picata


Is there anyone out there that finds themselves in a similar position of needing to be extra cautious with expenditures? Do you also however, feel you need a night with your spouse to just sit together and enjoy a really good meal that doesn't cost half your weeks pay? Have I got the perfect solution for you.

This dish is something I first experienced at Giuseppe's restaurant in Bellingham, WA. Now I have to be honest, I have become something of a novice, self proclaimed, food critic. I am tired of paying way too much for something that lacks creativity not to mention flavor. I would just as soon figure out how to make it myself for less than a quarter of the price and then enjoy it in the comfort of my own home with no tip going out at the end of the meal except maybe "hey, honey, this was amazing! You should make it again." That is a tip I can live with. All that being said, after an evening out at Giusippe's Restaurant I had found my new favorite place to dine out for special occasions. Our experience was at the old restaurant, but if he spent any where near the care in creating the environment at the new location (which is by the water) it will be equally as spectacular. I felt as if we had gotten away to not only a different city, but for that evening a different time and maybe even a different country. The atmosphere was magical. The service was incredible, but the food? I don't even know how to begin to write and accurately describe the taste sensation I was fortunate enough to call dinner. Every bite was unbelievably delicious and the flavor.... my mouth is watering just thinking about it. My selection was Pollo Picata, and while this was over a year ago, I once again say, my compliments to the chef. This is one restaurant that is very well worth your time and hard to come by money if the occasion to celebrate should arise.

If, however, you find yourself in the adventurous time of penny pinching to the nth degree, but still need something special... then this recipe is for you. Go into it with confidence. It is really quite easy to make and you will feel like quite the accomplished chef at nights end.

POLLO PICATA

4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/2 c flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 c butter
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 c dry white wine (chicken broth will work)
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp pepper
2 Tbsp capers
1 small marinated artichoke hearts

Begin by flattening each chicken breast into 1/4 inch thickness between sheets of plastic wrap.

Coat chicken with flour.


Melt butter over med. high heat.











Cook chicken and garlic in butter 4-6 minutes on each side until the juice is no longer pink when you cut into the thickest part of any of the chicken. Add the wine and lemon juice and sprinkle the chicken with pepper and salt. Cook over med. heat until the sauce reduces and becomes thicker.
Sprinkle with the capers and artichoke hearts and heat til warm.

Serve with veggies and rice or bread and Bravo! they'll be back for more.















Visit their website at http://www.giuseppesitalian.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment