This is Me!

This is Me! The good, the bad, and the bald. You get it all! But I have hair now. This spring I'll be rockin the pixie.

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

A Fighter Worth Celebrating


I am behind in getting this post on here, but wanted to make sure and share this with you. This is my dear friend Holly. I was fortunate to get to meet her the day I went in for my chemo teaching appointment. We got to learn the ropes, the drugs, the ups and the downs and definitely the snack room together. We started around the same time with slightly different treatment plans and we will be finishing up just a few weeks apart. We got to share some very unique and unforgettable experiences that will keep us bonded for life. I am so grateful to have met her. Holly is a fighter and a survivor, and she just knocked out her last round of chemo!!! It was cause for a celebration. We bought the giant chocolate Costco cake that you always hope you have an occasion to buy it for but can never really justify buying it cause it is soooo huge. Oh yah. You know the one. But today there was no question. It had to be the giant chocolate cake. After several long rounds of treatment and recovery days in between, my friend reached the finish line and she did it with great style and class. I am so proud of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment