This is Me!

This is Me! The good, the bad, and the bald. You get it all! But I have hair now. This spring I'll be rockin the pixie.

Friday, February 22, 2013

Just the Facts

The call came. The details are in.  For some of you this might seem alarming to add specifics to the surgery but the Dr. didn't seem any more alarmed and that was good enough for me. 
So, as the title says, today is just about the facts.  I over did it a bit this week which means nothing more than I tried to put on my bra and typed a bit longer than I should have.  Per my Dr. I am back to arm at my side, elbow pinned in place. 

The lump in my breast was completely removed.  Upon further investigation, they found it was in fact two.  It was the main offender and then apparently she was having so much fun she brought what they call her "daughter" with her or a satellite tumor.  The initial one was larger than they thought and the daughter was very small.  He said so that was that and we got it all taken care of. 

The teleporters.... well they are why I can still barely move my arm with out hitting the high notes in the soprano register or mummbling a few not so G rated words.   They knew there were two teleporters infected.  They took a larger chain of them to create a clean margin. It was 9 to be precise.  Of the 9, 5 showed traces of cancer.  How I translated that was, "I went in your armpit, traveled up to your shoulder, played scramble, worked my way slightly towards your back to find the nerve directly connected to your elbow, pinched it, played a bit more scramble and then left."      He proceeded to say, so this is kinda what we already knew we would find and we already have our plan so we just go to the next step now.  The next step being 7 weeks of radiation starting in about 3 weeks.

While it is hard to hear detailed numbers when they are higher than your thinking they should have been, my peace remains steadfast.  The immediate next step, stitches out next week and they check to see if any fluid pooled around in the surgical areas.  If so, they will aspirate that.   Would love prayer specifically for the nerve pain.  I am to go get these stitches out on Tuesday and I can't even imagine raising my arm that high without wanting to punch something or someone.

I do want to thank everyone that has gone out of their way to help our family with this.  I am not a big New Years Resolution gal, but I did make a goal this year and I assure you it had nothing to do with cancer.  I am willing to adjust my goal and my attitude about the whole thing as I see God's hand so clearly apparent in all of this.  We have received meals from people who know us only through someone else, containers of freshly juiced veggies, and gas cards. We have gotten financial gifts the same day we received an unexpected bill from people that would have no idea of the need other than that they were responding to a prompting of the Holy Spirit.  And the beautiful cards of support, prayer and encouragement are all in a special basket to remind us all of the provision of friends and family.  I could go into great details of all the blessings we have received.  I think instead I would like to just offer a sincere and humble thank you to everyone.  You know who you are and you are loved. 

Finally, thank you for giving me space regarding phone calls and messages.  I find for me it is difficult to get on the phone and answer questions repeatedly especially when I don't have all the answers to the questions.  As social as I, and you all know I am this has been an area where I have pulled back a bit out of necessity.  I promise to keep you all as up to date as I can, but again I ask for your patience.

Joshua 1:9
"This is my command - be strong and courageous!  Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."

No comments:

Post a Comment